Saturday, August 15, 2009

FO: Vine Lace Toe Up Socks Test Knit

They are done! So let me explain, I was test knitting for the lovely Phoenix Bess. I can really only include pictures, so here you go. But let me say, I LOVED knitting these and helping make the pattern better (i hope)

These are a present for my Mother, since she helped me move out of our old place and get everything carted up to the new place. Socks are a good payment, right?

Obviously, since I was a test knit, I didn't do any mods to the pattern. The yarn is Regia Sockotta (which ends up looking like Fair Isle in pastels if you do it in stockinette)

Next up, back to working on the Central Park Hoodie. I am to the point of the hood where I need to start the decreases. You may recall (or not) that I decided to continue the center back cables up the hood and now they will continue over the top and meet up with the front band. So I had to search for an explanation of how to modify the pattern in order to be able to make this happen. I did find the most amazing explanation ever. It's at Random Threads, the second post on this page, titled "Hood Acompli". It's so spectacular, I can't even speak.

Back to knitting!

No comments: