Wednesday, June 10, 2009

80 degrees, and I'm knitting with Wool and Alpaca

Okay, Father's Day is a little over a week away. I have started this (rav link) TWICE. First time, was with Elann Sierra Aran (ZOMG scratchy and not scarf appropriate...will subsequently be made into a Sack Boy ala Alan Dart) so it was ripped.



See This? Scarf BAAAAADDDD....Sackboy, GOOD!


Then I started it in Berroco Ultra Alpaca (much softer, though not as soft as the LAST scarf I made Papa, which was out of Misti Alpaca...) then the gauge revolted. It was terrible, loose, floppy, and just plain ugly. It was clearly not meant to be. I am now one repeat into the whole thing. I have to say, that no, after one repeat, I do not have the pattern memorized.

In other news, I am officially set to take a class over the summer. I got my paperwork turned in and everything. And depending on how this job goes, I may consider using the tuition exemption program to get my MBA. I'm not exactly sure how one goes about doing that, but I have a feeling getting an MBA for the cost of books is much more desirable than just dropping the rent thing and going back full time. I'm patient....sort of.

It is after 8pm, and the outside temperature is 77 degrees. Ambient inside temp? 81. My poor kitty is laying on the floor in a pile of melted fur. And I am still knitting (well, typing, but you get the idea).

I received my copy of Whimsical Little Knits in the mail today by Ysolda Teague. I had already downloaded the digital version, but I love how the book actually does the photos justice. (no offense to the digital lovers, but seriously..I'm running a 2 year old Dell laptop with an aging screen.) I will certainly be knitting both the Cairn hat and gloves and most likely a Mousie for my darling kittie.

Back to the knitting. I leave you with a photo of something I truly wish was occurring right now. Snow.

No comments: