Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First Fiber Dyeing




As promised, here are the photos of my first foray into fiber dyeing.

The Specs:
Fiber: Louet South African Top
Dyes: Jacquard Acid Dyes
Dye Procedure: Kettle Dyeing

Overall, I am quite pleased with how this turned out. Please note that it is not quite as florescent as the larger photo shows, but no amount of photo editing can really show the blends of colors. If you will, simply imagine shades of lavender, glass blue, and some pine-y undertones. The close up is a little bit closer in shading, with the softer hints of grey.

Would I do it again? Sure! I had fun just letting it dye away, and I didn't experience any felting, which was what I was most freaked out about. And I even took notes, although next time I think I will use more dye because I would prefer more jewel tones in my spinning fiber. :D

No comments: