Wednesday, August 25, 2010

FO: Test Knit: Classic Hooded Jacket #101



Bad blogger, no cookie. I suddenly realized that I had never posted about this completed object. Ladies and Gentlemen, my finished Classic Hooded Jacket!

Stats:

Pattern: #101 Classic Hooded Jacket by Phoenix Bess
Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca in 6289 Charcoal
Needles: US 4 and US 6 (3.5 and 4 mm respectively)
Started: September 2009
Finished: May 2010

Thoughts: I did enjoy doing this test knit. It is a beautiful pattern, and the yarn is ultra soft. The styling is forgiving, and I like that Phoenix constructed the sweater to be knit in one piece, and then the sleeves are picked up and knit down. It was a fun project. Realistically, I only spent about 2 months of actual knitting time on it. It really is a fast knit, but I started it when I should have been doing my Christmas knitting, and then got sidetracked with school

I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a great style and a super warm yarn. Next time I knit this (and there WILL be a next time) I will certainly branch out and try it with something shiny, like a silk blend.

No comments: