Sunday, November 23, 2008

FO: The Job Is Mine Ascot




Specs:

Pattern:The Job Is Mine Ascot (completely made up by Me)
Yarn: Takhi Cotton Classic 100% Mercerized Cotton
Color:3940 Blue Base Purple Dye Lot:4650
Needles: US 5 (3.75 mm) Bamboo
Size: 13 inches long, 1 inch wide
Started: 11/23/08 2pm Finished: 11/23/08 2:50pm


I decided this morning that for my next interview, I was going to wear a black knit dress. The issue with this? I am a pale girl with blue black hair, and would look a lil too goth to be taken seriously. So I decided to take a lesson from the Breakfast at Tiffany's era, and wear a brightly colored ascot to offset the black. I went stash diving and discovered that I had this 100% cotton yarn left over from a headband earlier in the year, and decided the color was perfect. I cast on three stitches, and then did some increasing and decreasing to make a leaf-like shape, and then did garter stitch for the main body. Another leaf-like appendage on the other end, and I was done. It only took about 40 minutes of knitting, and that's because I was being distracted by LB playing WoW.

Hopefully it makes me look professional enough to be taken seriously at my interview. :D

No comments: