Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Holiday of Turkey-ness!!

Hello everyone! Happy Thanksgiving, and I hope that you all have the day off (aside from those pesky family obligations. :P)

I was having a conversation with my mother last night regarding today's plans, and I had to point out that I was expected to be at LB's parent's house by 6. My mother laughed and told me that the typical holiday protocol is that you pay penance to the in-laws. For one thing, I had to point out that they are not in-laws, so I shouldn't have to "pay penance". My mother's only response was "Welcome to adulthood" and that she had to do the same thing with my Dad's mother every holiday.

I asked if I could pass go and collect $200 as well. She told me that I'd have to talk to them about it.

In other news, I have made more headway in the Christmas knitting gifts extravaganza. So much progress, that I am considering knitting Librarian Boyfriend's mom some dish towels just as soon as I scope out the color scheme of her kitchen. hehe.

And just so you know, I am thankful for:
-people who read my blog and plurk and are so supportive
-friends, both online and off
-yarn. yes, I am thankful for the fluffy stuff
-family that supports my crazy knitting habits, and even lets me knit at the table
-a loving boyfriend that has not even batted an eye at the amount of stash I have accumulated since we moved.
-a job that is steadily improving (BTW, Captain Asshole was transferred to a different shop, and while I am excited and happy, I am still doing his job at closing, in addition to my own, and now with less help. eep)
-opportunities for job advancement (two interviews last week...)
-food. I really like food. I like that we have food.
-the future
-my dear kitten Pixel, who at this moment, is hiding in her tent

And LB says I should be thankful for monkeys, because monkeys make everything better. :D

No comments: