Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ravelry Progress Bars on Blogger/Blogspot

Since I had to figure this out on my own, I decided there should be a post about it.

If you are on Ravelry, and want to add some progress bars that link directly to your projects inside of Ravelry, all you have to do is go to the Api page. (sign in, go to http://www.ravelry.com/help/api)

In a separate tab or window, sign into Blogger/Blogspot, and go to "Customize", then "Edit Layout". "Add Gadget". Scroll down to where it says "HTML/Javascript" and click on the plus sign. Now in the window that has opened up, copy and paste the big code from the ravelry api page, and then at the bottom of that, add the small "script" code that is right below it.

save.

ta da, now you have progress bars.
I haven't bothered to really mess around with the look of the progress bars. I was just ecstatic to figure out how to get it working. Cheers!

3 comments:

craftycrafter said...

Whee, I got it working!

Anonymous said...

thanks so much! i'm gonna pass the news :)

Sarah G said...

Gee, thanks! Really easy!