Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year..or...What I Will Do in 2009

Hello everyone, and a very happy 2009 to you! It seems that everyone is ready to make grand sweeping statements of how they will win the battle of the bulge, or stop running over kittens in the new year. I, also, have some goals. But instead of simply listing goals for 2009, I have PLANS:

1) I will knit every day, and in doing so, I will reduce my stress levels and *hopefully* prevent myself from freaking out at anyone or anything

2) I will knit sweaters this year. To be exact, I wish to knit 12 sweaters. I may not necessarily knit a sweater per month (NaKniSweMo) but I shall accomplish 12 sweaters in 12 months.

3) Mother shall received handknitted socks for any holiday that occurs (birthday, mother's day, christmas, etc) which will involve me having started said socks at least 2 weeks in advance of any holiday. (so as to facilitate completion of this knitting)

3) I will lose weight. But I shall do it by using my exercise bike a minimum of 5 days per week, and 4)bringing my food to work, instead of buying it. 5)I shall not cut out sweets, but I will attempt to make better food choices.

7)I will knit through at least 4 types of stashed yarn before April. (sweater quantities notwithstanding)

8) I will show LB that I love him in at least one way per day. People don't share their feelings enough, and 2009 will be the year that LB feels this love.

9) I will learn how to do colorwork with both hands (and not have the gauge go poop) and also start knitting backwards. (it's not that I hate purling. But I have 12 friggin sweaters to knit, and purling slows me down by making me change the way I am holding the yarn)

Do you have any plans for 2009? I mean, how are you going to accomplish those lofty goals that you have?

No comments: