Monday, April 20, 2009

90% done!!!



I seamed up the CPH yesterday. It was not as hard as I thought it would be. I mean, realistically, Mattress stitch isn't hard. I just obsess about things (you can thank my dad for that trait).





Miss Pixel decided that I required her help, of course. Such a cute kitty.

And yes, I did start the hood, then promptly mis-crossed a cable, so as soon as I am back to that section, I will be dropping some stitches in order to make it right. My biggest worry right now is that I will not complete this sweater before summer comes, due to some gift knitting that must be accomplished.

The Monkeys for Mother's Day are coming along nicely. I am one repeat into the pattern on the instep. I have decided that Father shall also receive socks for Father's Day...it's just a matter of getting measurements. Oh, and his will be made out of Regia bamboo color, because dad seems to think wool might be too warm for summer. :P

Stopped over at the Fiber Gallery yesterday. I needed to pick up coil-less safety pins in order to mark where to pick up stitches for the hood and the button bands. And then I promptly fell into a wool pile. I had completely forgotten that they were having an anniversary sale, and that I was to avoid yarn shops for that very reason. The good news is, I spent less than LB thought I would. I came home with some Elsebeth Lavold Cotton Patine in a cornflower blue color. And then some Cascade Pastaza (llama and wool, who can argue?). Oh. And I bought the Namaste Newport bag that I have been eyeing. They had it in Eggplant. Yes, I have a purple purse now. All in all, it was a fun day. And I even updated my stash on ravelry in order to reflect my recent purchases. Go me.




Off to work now. Hopefully it will be a slow day and I can get some knitting done. :)

1 comment:

Crafty Coug said...

That was supposed to be my war face, but I couldn't stop giggling. Me + gigantor gun = something I NEVER expected...
Nice work on the sweater, btw!!