I finished the other sleeve last night, and they are both blocking now. The next thing on the list is to sew it all up so I can do the hood. Good thing mattress stitch isn't as hard as it looks, right? Of course, the sewing up won't really get done til Sunday, I think. Of course I will work on it the other few days, but I think it'll be a two weekend project. On the bright side, I hope to have a Central Park Hoodie that is actually wearable by May! I have decided to do a zipper closure, simply because, it might be a pain in the butt to insert, but I think the years of use I will be getting out of this sweater will make it well worth the wait.
I have decided to do Crazy Monkeys for my mom for Mother's Day. For those who do not know, Crazy Monkeys are Jennifer O'Sullivan's toe up adaptation of the Cookie A Monkey Pattern available on Knitty. Now, unlike some people, I love Cookie A patterns because of their seeming complexity. Makes me feel quite clever to execute one of the patterns despite the fact that they are written out completely in the pattern. I wish to feel clever.
Yarn chosen for this project is Yarn Lust All That Glitters sock yarn in Emerald This stuff SPARKLES. And since Mom likes shiny (much like her daughter...) I thought this would be fitting.
The surprising thing about this pattern is that I got gauge on the first try. So, you KNOW that means that there will be some sort of horrible gauge war once the socks are on the needles. :P Oh well. It's worth it. This stuff is squooshy.
Now, because I have no other photos to share, here is a picture of my breakfast this morning: Pastry Puffins and coffee