Monday, April 13, 2009

Glorious Weekend of Fibery Goodness

It was so great to have CraftyCoug out here! We played, knit, shopped for yarn, knit some more, dyed some yarn, etc. And it was splendid!

First of all, I bought plenty more yarn. Get this, I only spent a total of $60. From Fiber Gallery, I bought some undyed Corriedale top, so stay tuned to see how this goes in dyeing and spinning. :D Then we went to Weaving Works and I got Classic Elite Miracle alpaca tencel blend. And then some SWTC Therapi (I am interesting in working with rock yarn now, apparently) in a lovely olivey green tone.

At Bad Woman, I bought some Cascade Heritage sock yarn in a glorious red and black gothy skein of goodness. And also some Reynolds Sea Wool (no pictures, sorry) that has no part of the sea in it. ;P

Over the weekend, we both decided that I must be wholly incapable of knitting myself socks...so I gave CraftyCoug some yarn (Reynolds Sea Wool, and also my orange n yellow Sassy Stripes) so that she can make me socks. Hehe. (and now that I think of it, I believe I forgot to give her foot measurements...oops)

It was so much fun! And then on Saturday we dyed up some yarn. Hers turned out darker than she wanted, and mine turned out a paler shade than was expected. It was special. But the yarn is up on Etsy now, 100% baby alpaca. :D



Pretty, yes? Please buy it!

Anyways, back to the rat races, as I work early today. And then I have an entrepreneurship class, and then other stuff.

Have a splendid day!

No comments: